To optimize your Ashtrology Candle burning experience, the following guidelines are recommended:
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark, and dry place.
- Trim your wick before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame, and limit sooting or mushrooming of the wick. Sooting can appear with candles that have burned longer than the 3-4 hour recommendation. Failure to burn within the recommended time will result in overheating the candle jar and failure to trim the wick will result in overheating the candle jar.
- When lighting the candle for the first time, burn until the wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of the glass. This prevents tunneling and allows the candle to create an even burn for the life of the candle. It may take 2-3 hours to achieve a full wax pool.
- Keep the candle wax free of wick trims, matches, or other debris at all times. Never leave a burning candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as furniture, drapes, books, paper, or other flammable material.
- Most people don’t have a candle snuffer so try dipping the wick into the melted wax and then straighten the wick to prevent smoking.
- Keep your candle out of drafts so that you increase burn time, prevent uneven burning, smoking, diminished scent throw, and accidental fire.
- To maximize scent throw, keep the candle in an enclosed area with no open windows or doors for 30 minutes before entering. Likewise, don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a tight home where the space is not well ventilated.
- Avoid placing your candle where they will be exposed to direct sunlight or harsh indoor lighting. Candle color may fade/ discolor if they are left in bright light for an extended period of time.
- Never leave a candle unattended around children, pets, or drafts. Allow the candle to cool completely before handling. Extinguish your candle before leaving home or going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle all the way down once the wick tab can be seen. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the container. Failure to extinguish the flame can be dangerous resulting in shattered glass from the overheated containers.
If you have any questions about candle care that you were unable to find here, please email AshleysAnatomyOrders@gmail.com for assistance.