Tips on how to maintain a “Hot Girl”/ “Boss Chick” type of attitude all summer long. How to mentally hype yourself and be your best cheerleader.
- Take a Shower! This may sound basic as hell, but when you wake up and actively start trying to wash your face, brush teeth, shower, etc…you’ll feel better. It will get you moving. Lather up with your favorite shower gel and body scrub. You’ll start to feel the confidence radiating from your skin.
- Mask on! Put on your favorite face mask and relax. You can watch your favorite Netflix series or meditate for 10 minutes or so.
- You are who you think you are Look in the mirror and repeat affirmations and positive words to yourself.
- Walk with your head high I know you’ve seen this person before. They walk with their heads down when met with the glare of a stranger lol. Carry yourself and walk with confidence which requires a head held high.
- “Love yourself girl, or nobody will” Show yourself some love. Here are ways I show myself love: Pampering myself essentially. Face masks, great smelling body scrubs. Take time to think about the things that make you feel amazing. That could be getting your nails done or it could simply be washing your hair every Saturday afternoon.
- Look people dead in the eyes That sounds aggressive. Nothing says “Hi, I’m comfortable and loving the skin that I’m in” than eye contact. When you’re okay with yourself, others don’t phase you. It’s just another way you exude confidence. But make sure that you…
- Smile! Ease that eye contact with a subtle smile. Enjoy wherever you are this summer. No matter the attire, your body type, scars, whatever… Do not feel limited by your disability and DON’T prevent yourself from truly living. Laugh, be carefree, and SMILE. Because you are the shit.
I choose to radiate love, joy & gratitude today. I know life is too short to dwell on negativity. I walk in the light!Happy Black Woman
I release my need to compare myself to others. I judge myself by my own standards of success. I am ENOUGH just as I am.Happy Black Woman
Some of my favorite affirmations come from the site called Happy Black Woman
These positive affirmations begin to get you into the mindset of a Queen. I believe we fail to realize how much control our thoughts have over us. Think and talk things into existence. “You are all that & a bag of chips”. Own your shit & rock your scars. Everyone will be mesmerized by your strength & beauty.
What are some of your favorite affirmations?
Tell me in the comment area below.